My back was almost healed. 1 month of taking it easy and not being dumb went a long way. So what do I do? Well, of course dumb things. Jayden got his hand slammed in the car door :( I picked him up without thinking of my back and ........*crick* It is now far worse than before. I have a wonderful family who have been great helpers as I have not been able to do anything for myself. It has been a pretty emotional time for me. I detest not being able to DO and being in more pain than I can describe for long periods of time that doesn't go away is pretty wearing. I saw a Chiropractor twice who did X-rays and am the lucky bearer of a few slipped & buldging discs. Weeeeeee. After my adjustments he did decompression therapy which helps pull the spine a little so the disc will get sucked back into place. I had heard great things about this treatment and was eager to try anything that would help. The first went great, the second....not so great. I made it to my car and then could not move. I could not lift my legs, adjust my seat or sit in anyway that I didn't have shooting nerve pain. Then the water works came I sat and cried in their parking lot trying to figure out how I was going to get home. Pain can be a very overwhelming feeling, like it is never going to end. After an eternity, oh I mean 10 min. My prayers were answered and the pain subsided enough for me to adjust the seat into a position where I could move my legs to reach gas, brake & clutch. ( Yes, I now realize I should have just made a phone call.) Anyway, I made it safely to my moms where I was met with hugs for my teary whiny state an ice pack & LORTAB... Thank you, thank you Mom, Mike & Sara for helping me. Icing is the only thing that has helped taking the swelling off the disc & nerves. It helped get me home. I only took half of a lortab. I know you're not supposed to take things with back pain because you can do more damage if you can't feel. I took it when in my bed safe and immobile in the only sleeping position possible.
I am doing a bit better today, my weekend of bedrest has helped. My spine seems to have straightened a bit, I looked like an S before with my hip far out to the side but Sven & I noticed I am much straighter today which is probably the #1 reason I am in less pain. Shocker. YAY Anyway, I have an appointment tomorrow with the spine clinic, crossing my fingers. Rant over. Thank you to Sven who has taken over...well...everything and to my family and everyone who has gone out of their way to help me . xoxoxox
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I am soooo sorry to hear of your pain. Back pain suck. Mine has never been that bad....can't imagine. Glad you have family and a great husband to help ya. Hope the dr. has some great answers for ya.
ReplyDeleteHope it all goes well and you can feel better! Your baby is so cute in that pumpkin costume!
ReplyDeleteAww,thanks. I am doing a bit better today. I got showered and dressed all by myself & am so proud!!! lol
ReplyDeleteLa La, Im glad u are feeling a bit better. Kiss..Kiss..Hug..Hug
ReplyDelete