After a long day/eve of baking I awoke to the smell of freshly made Stollen. Sven decided to pick up the German tradition of his grandfather (who was a baker) and made Stollen! I was so impressed! It is a big 6 hour process, but to our family a meaningful one. Stollen represents the Christ child in swaddling clothes and has been part of Christmas tradition in both of our German heritage. It was especally meaningful to him as a child that they would have Stollen and a cup of hot cocoa on Christmas Eve. We both grew up with our grandfathers making this Christmas treat. He has taken up the torch and wants to keep the tradition going for our children and I love it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

mmmm... that looks so yummy. Well done
ReplyDeleteSven I am pre-ordering. I would like about 5 of these. It was sooooo goooood!!!! I expect them by Christmas. :)
ReplyDelete