Thursday, April 22, 2010

Chef Bailey

Bailey's first official "by herself" meal. She made us Clam Chowder!

Each week each child gets to plan a meal, choose the recipe and help cook, create and share their meal. Bailey has been wanting learn more about cooking so I told her the recipe and let her go! I got the recipe from Selena and had learned to make it when I was 11 so we figured it would be a good recipe for her to start with. Of course I had to tell her the infamous story of how her mother didn't follow the directions and used 1 1/2 CUPS of salt the first time she made it ;)


She did awesome!


She made a near perfect roux her first time! I was so proud of her.


It was delicious and I can't wait to see what she'll make next!

2 comments:

  1. Impressive! Marinne is starting to help more in the kitchen too. I'll have to teach them some more over the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Bailey!! I'm wondering if you ever "loan" her out...I could use a chef!! ;)

    ReplyDelete