Wednesday, August 5, 2009

4th of July

Wow what a day! We started our day at 5:30 AM (yes on a Saturday) in order to get everyone out the door and to our annual 4th of July 5k in Sandy. It is so much fun and something we look forward to every year. Melanie & Bailey both ran & did awesome! Bailey came in 11th in her age group. I did wuss out and did not run this year I tore my knee 2 weeks before hand and it had not healed so we decided it would be fun to walk anyway. Sven & I walked with the double buggy which incidently had flat tires! It gave me a great workout though being so difficult to push. Isaac & Jayden enjoyed their cool morning ride although Jayden didn't grasp the concept of the "speed walk" I was repeatedly told I was losing :( It was funny. He cheered us on too. Sven & Jayden decided to run the last mile and I was surprised that little J at 4 yrs old didn't peeter out & stop, he kept right up with dad & crossed the finish line! He was very proud. Issac did great, loved his ride had a nap and enjoyed staring at the hundreds of people at the finish line. I wore my "Support the Rabid" bracelet while Sven wore his "Race for the Cure" shirt ( both from "The Office") People thought it was hilarious and kept coming up to him, one guy even asked to take his picture. It was great. After the race we headed up the nice cool canyon to Sven's parent's cabin. It was absolutely gorgeous. I always forget how much I like being up there. We had an awesome BBQ lun-ner. Sven's brother Mark & his wife Kelly are awesome BBQers in the pursuit of the perfect BBQ. After stuffing ourselves amply we went for a fun walk in the meadow with Ami, Todd, Becky, Jason & Nate. J had a blast hunting monsters with Aunt Becky. As if that wasn't enough for 1 day we then went swimming..then did fireworks! We were TRASHED! but it was a great day and I love being with my family!

1 comment:

  1. WOW!! That was a ton of stuff!! You rock!! PS...love the pic of you and Mel

    ReplyDelete