Thursday, March 19, 2009

~All quiet on the home front~

We had Lori's funeral yesterday, it was really a nice service, everyone did a really good job. Even the chapel where the service was held was "designed" in her favorite color palette. ;) I thought it was perfect. It was so nice to see everyone there. My heart goes out to my cousins. I never know what to say and unfortunately I get flustered and bumble all over my words. I know there isn't a "right" thing to say, I just wish I could have said more. I loved her & will miss her a lot. She was so fun to talk to and was always such a sweetheart to me & my kids. My kids got to spend quite a bit of time with her when they would go to Mom's on the days Lori would be helping over there. Bailey will especially miss her. Things have been pretty quiet around the house, partially because the kids are zipping through their homework and chores so they can go play outside now that the nice weather is here. ;) I am just trying to be patient with the "waiting game". It is hard for me to be patient in this last stretch, I am trying, but it is hard. I like to keep busy and it is very hard for me to sit still. Sven has been so sweet in trying to make sure I am not over exerting myself. He is juggling so many tasks just to ensure that he gets to them before I do. I am going insane with nothing to do, but he is sweet all the same. Isaac is still being stubborn but is still moving around a lot so I still have hope that he will figure out his North & South. I have made my peace with the C-section thought. What will be will be. If that is the safest way for him to get here healthy then so be it. Like Karen said a regular C-section is probably much less frightening than the Emergency C-section I had to have with Bailey. I have probably built it up to much in my mind. I know many people that have loved their C-Section experiences. I'm not saying I WANT one by any means, but I am much calmer about it now. A few more weeks to go. Bailey is super uber excited and has wanted to be involved in every aspect of the getting ready. She goes in his room and arranges his things and volunteers for any baby related tasks, including the laundry folding (YES! BUAHAHAHA). She has been very sweet and is such a good big sister. Jayden is excited with a side of nervousness. He is very into "the belly" especially drawing on, rubbing, talking and singing to Isaac, but he has let us know that when he comes out he doesn't want to hold him right away. " I just want to look at him for a while". We told him that whenever he is ready he can help hold the baby, no pressure. I am just....plain....ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment